API provides the latest in CCTV inspections for use in the harsh industrial market, Our systems are used around the world in a wide variety of industrial applications including chemical manufacturing plants, oil refineries, pulp/paper mills, lumber mills, steel mills, grain handling facilities, power generation plants, mining facilities, and many different offshore applications including oil rigs.
Our advanced inspection service creates safer and more efficient process, and highlights many potential issues prior to them becoming a real issue. This has an enormous impact on efficiency, profitability and risk control. Our customers report significant cost savings – in some cases millions of pounds – achieved by providing production managers with live and recorded video. This access allows for real-time corrections and faster assessment of threats to systems and personnel.
Some of our most frequent applications include:
- Extreme temperature system applications such as furnaces and dryers
- Car manufacturing plants
- Oil refineries and other petrochemical manufacturing facilities
- Coal handling facilities and power plants
- Docks, rail and truck loading operations
Confined Space CCTV Surveys
API Inspection teams are highly motivated and highly skilled individuals who are specialist surveyors with long term global experience of difficult to access environments. Using advanced inspection technology, we can inspect all location as required and provide detailed analysis reports of our findings.
Full detailed reports are submitted to the client’s specific requirements.
Area of expertise:
- Culvert inspections
- Box girder
- Historical structures
- All types of pipe systems
- Roof voids
All staff are confined entry trained and are ready deliver the highest standard of service to your requirements.
Utilising our unique insertion technology also has the added value of pipe tracing services.
Pipelines can be traced utilising an on board high powered sonde featured within the sensor head and a cat locator.
API can then map all your buried assets and GPS coordinates above ground adding the information to a digital data report.
API also utilise the latest in locator technology using a high powered signal generator to successfully identify buried assets.
Borehole CCTV Surveying
API offers borehole CCTV condition assessment surveys. These inspections include video, sound and distance data on new or existing boreholes enabling detailed inspection.
System set up:
A portable CCTV camera is lowered through a specially designed tripod configuration into the borehole, and is fully pressure rated enabling a visual subsurface inspection of the borehole structure, not only is this interesting for a geologist but extremely useful for an engineer; allowing them to spot problems and plan out potential fixes.
Reasons for Borehole surveys:
- Demonstrates the actual construction of a borehole, including the amount of casing installed and depth of the borehole
- Allows a hydrogeologist to see the underlying rock strata and where water is entering through fractures and fissures into the borehole
- Can give an idea on the quality of water in the borehole
- Periodic inspection gives the opportunity for an engineer to determine if the well construction is in good condition or well refurbishment is needed
- Gives a potential purchaser the opportunity to see the condition of the borehole or well that they are buying
If a borehole has a problem the CCTV survey will identify where and what the issue is, has the borehole got an obstruction? What depth this at and what type of obstruction can be identified.
API borehole surveys include the provision of a full colour recording of the borehole survey. The recorded data is also analysed post survey with the provision of a detailed data report provided. This information enables an engineer time to consider any further requirements. A permanent historical record of the borehole is provided which can be added to periodically, with a comparable report service also available.
Bridge Pipe Inspection
Ageing pipe infrastructure is an ongoing issue for contractors; however this can become increasing difficult in high risk locations for example road and bridge crossings. API offers a specialist bridge pipe surveying service, which includes ongoing monitoring, leak detection and configuration surveys. The data obtained includes degree of bends, location of bends and distance data. This information has proved to be invaluable especially on lining projects.
API has identified and located leaks in all pipe sizes and materials sited in bridge structures.
API has worked in many water treatment plants not only in the UK but globally. We offer a complete pipe surveying service including:
- Depressurised ROV CCTV surveys including inclinometer data surveys
- Live sanitised pipe inspections
- Specialist leak detection surveys in all pipe materials
- NDT Testing (non-destructive testing)
- Tank inspections
- Filter bed inspections
- Network mapping
- GPR mapping surveys (ground penetrating radar)
API offers a full and varied pipe surveying service, and can help resolve issues by removing the guesswork in all pipe related issues.
Please note API only works with clean water operations
Acoustic Valve Surveys
Due to ageing infrastructure there are many ongoing issues with pipe isolation valves. The cost of replacement is high especially on large diameter mains, along with the potential shutdowns required for rehabilitation or replacement schemes.
API offers a unique acoustic valve surveying service which includes:
- Visual valve inspection
- Live internal surveying of valve operation
- Exercising of valve
- Turn count data log
- Macro photography of structure
- Acoustic recording of valve once isolated to determine if valve is seating correctly
All data supplied on a detailed data report referenced as per clients request
Flushing Surveys MFE (maximum flushing efficiency)
Using pressurised CCTV technology has shown API that water flushing alone will not remove high levels of residual sedimentation in a pipeline. Engrained wall deposits and biofilms remain along with heavy sedimentation at the base of the pipe.
Millions of wasted gallons of treated flushed water is a common practise, as pipe flushing is an age old approach to controlling turbidity and cleaning pipes.
API offers a unique pipe surveying and improved efficiency service which includes:
- Entry via Through bore fire hydrants
- Flushing port downstream can be via a standard or TB fire hydrant
- The system gently brushes pipe walls for maximum flushing efficiency
- 100 metre unit currently available
- Pipe sizes 3-8 inch
- Recorded inspection footage validates the flushing process
- Product effective on all plastic, AC and lined pipelines
Pipe Sediment and Sample Removal Service
API offers pressurised pipe inspection surveys to identify and locate debris and sediment within a pipeline, investigate DWI complaints and give the utility a better understanding of its network.
We also offer sediment removal from concentrated areas of concern, typically identified on pipe fittings, bends and joints. The unique service uses water pressure in the pipeline to expel localised debris and safe removal under controlled conditions.
System set up:
Sediment identified in pressurised water pipe Removed sand/debris